Thursday, August 13, 2015

The Steve Dancy Tales Goes Audio



My son reads magazines and listens to books. He doesn’t have a lot of time for recreational reading, so he listens while he runs, works out, or drives. He keeps telling me that I’m missing a big audience by not having audio versions of the entire Dancy series. (The Shopkeeper and Leadville are already available at Audible.com.) Well, today we rectified the situation. Jim Tedder will narrate Murder at Thumb Butte, and hopefully the remainder of the series.

I love audio books, but they’re only as good as the narrator. For more than 35 years, Jim Tedder has read Voice of America (VOA) news and features. He has hosted a number of VOA morning programs and is responsible for the VOA Pronunciation Guide. Before joining VOA, Jim worked in broadcasting in several major markets in the United States. I sure Steve and the crew are in good hands.

Murder at Thumb Butte has sold well in print, e-book and large print, and I’m sure it will soon do well in the audio format. I’ll keep you updated on the progress.

A guy from the East ventures west. Where have I heard that story?

No comments:

Post a Comment