Sunday, March 16, 2014

Tucson Festival of Books

This is a short posting to say the Tucson festival of Books has drawn record crowds of readers and authors. All the sessions appear to be SRO, with many turned away at the door. I had an active session on Saturday and look forward to two panels todays. I also attended several other presentations and they were outstanding with lots of questions and answers.

When my wife left me thirty minutes early to see Sandra Day O'Connor’s workshop, the line was already well beyond the capacity of the auditorium. Too bad. O’Connor wrote one of my favorite Western books. Granted, it was a children’s’ book, but I believe it still qualifies as a Western. Chico tells the story of her childhood pony and how it saved her life. Great illustrations and my grandchildren love the story.

If you’re in the vicinity, come on down. You can catch me at one of my panels or at a book signing directly after the sessions.


Also, don’t miss the Western Writers of America booth. There are always some great Western writers waiting to meet you.